Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Surprises


We had some surprises this Valentine's Day. Friday, Feb. 13th was the party day at Morgan's school. I was there for the party and I heard some noise around Morgan. A little boy had just come in and delivered his Valentine to her. She was blushing to say the least. Then, when the carnations were passed out, she received several. One from us, two from her best friends, and two, yes, two from boys. This was the first time. We have given her a bit of a hard time about it, which she immediately becomes frazzled!!
The second surprise was from my husband. We normally do not go out and buy each other Valentines. But, after his Friday night shift, he drove to town and bought me flowers and a card. Awww, I know. I was very shocked when he walked in early Saturday morning with them. They were beautiful and so was the card. Luckily, he had also bought his own Valentine gift--milk and sausage. He wanted biscuits and gravy for breakfast. :) Funny guy!! So, yes, he got biscuits and gravy.

That afternoon, the girls, of course, were spoiled by family and collected way too much candy. They enjoyed every bit of it!

Ronnie worked again that evening and Morgan had a friend over. We made chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry jell-o jigglers in heart molds and had a wonderful dinner. It was a great day!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great v-day! I got moose tracks ice cream from hubby. Just what I wanted! Seriously! lol!